Grants and Subsidies
Important: All children must be hapū registered to apply for any Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei kaupapa. If you have applied for grants and subsidies in the past, this does not mean you or your tamariki are registered. Please ensure the whole whānau are registered!
NCEA Rewards 2018
The NCEA rewards is an initiative created to increase the pass rates of all Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei NCEA students. Basically, we will reward you for passing NCEA - do the mahi, get the treats is what we reckon!
- Reward amount based on certificate endorsement, not course endorsement. For example, if you gain a total of 50 Level 2 Merit credits in 2018 you will be eligible for the $300 reward. Click here for more info on NCEA certificate endorsement.)
- We’re changing it up a bit this year and rewarding you with even more money! Get your literacy, numeracy, or UE Entrance and you’ll get a bonus! Applicable for this year of study only (e.g. if you did not gain your literacy credits in 2018 you will not be eligible for the $100 literacy bonus.
- We are also including Cambridge qualifications too!
How does it work?
1. (Applications close 14thof December 2018) – applications will be made via the web portal (if you have any issues creating an account or logging in, please email Shazeaa on email@example.com)
2. Send in your results by Friday 16thof February 2019 (via the application portal)
3. Attend the Study Wānanga at the end of October 2018 (date and venue coming soon).
a. To attend the study wānanga, tick the box in the application form and we’ll make contact with you! Travel subsidy available.
OR if you are unable to attend the wānanga
4. Enrol into tutoring.
a. If you want to seek tuition, all you need to do is enrol with a , fill out our and attach the invoice. Simple!
Please note: You must attend the wānanga or enrol into tutoring in order to be eligible for the NCEA rewards.
Māmā noiho! You really don’t wanna miss out e te whānau. No reira, Tell ya cousins too, so they don’t miss out.
If you have any queries please contact Shazeaa at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Applicant must be enrolled to study NCEA L1, L2, L3 or Cambridge IGCSE, A, and A2.
· Applicant must be a registered Hapū member.
· Applicant must be enrolled at a secondary institute in 2018.
· Submit a completed application form with all required supporting documentation.
· If the applicant is over 18 years of age, the application must be filled out by themselves
Education Grants 2018
2018 Education Grants are now closed for ECE, Primary & Intermediate and Secondary level.
Education Grants for Tertiary level are now closed and will be re-opened in January.
If you have any pātai email email@example.com
Kaumātua Ora - Aged Care Grants
We provide aged care grants for whānau 65+ for GP visits, hearing aids, prescription glasses, dentures and residential care support. Funding is allocated per person for every 12 month period.
Swimming and Tuition subsidies
Click here to apply for Term 4 Swimming and Tuition subsidies. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants for whānau who reach national representative status in a sport as athletes, management or coaches of athletes of teams that have national representative status. Applications are coming soon