Summer Internships 2023/24
Tirohanga Whānui | Overview
Māori comprise 27% of the national population, however, are largely not seen in the corporate sector of Aotearoa, and especially in leadership positions. Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei drives a 14-Week Summer Internship programme focussed on growing the professional skillsets of our tertiary uri.
Our Internship programme will support successful candidates in gaining exposure to a professional setting, hands-on experience in delivering real life projects and professional development.
Our key focus for the Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Summer Internship Programme is to grow the cultural identity and connection of interns with Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei. This supports their ability to be active contributors to their work places and show up as their whole-selves.
Ngā Rangi Matua | Key Dates
- Applications Open: 31st of July
- Applications Close: 31st of August
- Internship Start Date: 20th of November 2023
- Internship End Date: 23rd of February 2024
Ngā Paearu | Eligibility Criteria
- A registered member of Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei
- A current tertiary student
- Must be based in Auckland during the internship period | This program is only available in Tāmaki
- Must commit to the 14-Week tenure of the program
- Provide a CV & written statement that includes an introduction, why you want to be an intern & your future aspirations.
Please note: If you do not have a CV, email email@example.com
If you're interested, please complete the form to start your journey with Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei. We look forward to connecting with you.
Applications close 5:00pm, Thursday, 31 August 2023
“I hope to create ways where we can think about how to nurture and encourage rangatahi to connect back with te taiao and growing our rangatahi viewpoint within this mahi.”